Become an Alternative Energy Specialist and learn ways to help conserve, reduce, reuse, recycle, and thus minimize our impact on the planet. Through this “entry-level” green course you will learn that even small changes make a difference and that going green is good for our health, the planet, and even our budgets. In this Alternative Energy Specialist course, we will examine the history of sustainability practices and challenges we currently face. You’ll be introduced to the underlying components, installation, and implementation of solar energy, wind energy, photovoltaic systems, and geothermal systems.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recall ways to implement sustainability
- Identify basic solutions for climate change issues, water distribution and consumption, ecosystems, and pollution
- List sustainability practices in relation to food, products, waste, and recycling
- Recognize how to install and operate photovoltaic, solar and wind energy, and geothermal systems
- Recall the fundamentals of biomass products and fuel cell composition
Course Duration: 225 Hours/12 Months